Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Odds and Ends

Over the past few weeks I've taken a few random pictures. None of them have seemed substantial enough to be their own blog post so I kept putting off posting. But now, I think there are enough random little shots to make this worth reading.

This one kinda speaks for itself. He was just being goofy with pants on his head.
I think he looks like a court jester.

On Memorial Day, we went with Mckay's aunt and uncle to take flowers to the graves of relatives. This is Grandpa Whetton's (Mckay's mom's dad) grave.
I had never done that before, so it was a really neat experience and I got to learn a lot about Mckay's family history. One of the cemetery's we went to had a lot of important LDS church leaders buried there. We saw the graves of Gordon B. Hinckley, David O. McKay, and James E. Talmage.

The company Mckay works for had a family day last week. We went to Boondocks, a mini golf/go carts/arcade fun center. Dallin enjoyed mini golf.

Lastly, we have a video. Dallin has really been working on getting closer to crawling. He will start in a sitting position, and then lean forward onto his belly. I tried to get a video of him doing it, but of course he wouldn't perform for me. He looks pretty darn cute when he gives up though.

5 comments:

Katie said...

Look at that, he totally looks like he's trying and making progress. Way to go Dallin. Those are some cute pictures.

John said...

Hmm, I've never gone to a cemetery on Memorial Day either, but it does seem very appropriate. Maybe I'll try that next year. I love the picture of the pants on Dallin's head.

Crapos said...

That was a pretty cute surrender to defeat.

The Easton Family said...

That is the truth! there is nothing that anyone with a disability can't do. They might do it differently, but they can whatever they put their mind to! Those are great pictures! Thanks for sharing. And as for the walk happening right by you, right at the right time; well, there IS an explanation...it's called a Tender Mercy. :) Love you guys!

Alan C said...

Going to a cemetery is a great Memorial Day activity. One correction on John... He went to a cemetery in Pennsylvania on Memorial Day and had his first "experience" with an electric fence. He did not like it.

I love it in the video of Dallin that he stopped ro rest while trying something hard. I feel that way too.