Saturday, June 26, 2010

My best friend's wedding

My college roommate, Janae, got married last weekend in Portland, Oregon. We were roommates for 3 years and became really good friends. It's been a few years since we've lived together and been able to hang out, so I was really glad that I got to go to her wedding. Another roommate Jen got to come to the wedding too. It was just like old times with the 3 of us hanging out again. Except I had a baby with me.
Me, Janae, and Jen

Dallin, of course, came with me. (Mckay couldn't come. he stayed home to work and earn money so I could have fun.)
He did really well on the flight there and put up with me dragging him everywhere. Everyone at the wedding thought he was the cutest thing and wanted to hold him. And he loved being the center of attention (second to Janae, of course).
This wedding was especially fun for me because I've known the guy she married as long as she has. Janae met Seth through a friend of mine and they dated while we were in college together. So it was really exciting to have seen them dating at the very beginning and to now be married.
He's a great person and I'm so happy for them.

Jen and Dallin really bonded.
I hadn't seen Jen since before Dallin was born, so this was the first time she met Dallin. Jen and I had adventures driving all over Oregon and getting lost downtown in some rather sketchy areas.

The actual wedding was in Portland and the reception was in Newport, 2.5 hours away. It was quite a drive for a 2 hour reception, but it was so worth it. For part of the ride, we drove along the Oregon coast highway, and we had the most beautiful views of the ocean from the car.
I'm really glad that I got to go. It was great to see friends again and see some amazing sights. Funny story: When we landed in Portland and met up with friends, we wanted to get some food. Because of a misunderstanding with a GPS phone, we were led to a restaurant in Washington, just across the bridge from Portland. So Dallin got to add Oregon and Washington to his list of states he's been in, bringing the total to 8. What a little traveler!

2 comments:

Katie said...

I can't believe he's been in 8 states. Holy crap! I'm glad you were able to go to Janae's wedding. How fun.

John said...

Congrats to Janae! That sounds like a fun trip.