Saturday, November 14, 2009

The story of The Cell Phone and the Watch

I was going through some old things today and I found a story from my student teaching days. I was in 5th grade and the students were learning about fables. Fables have a moral at the end and often include talking animals or things that don't normally talk. All the students in the class wrote a fable and I kept this one. After reading it, you'll know why. Here it is, with the original spelling and grammar:

The cell-phone and the watch.
One day on a holiday called Christmas, a man went to the jewelry store to buy something from there like always. In the jewelry store there was a watch and a cell phone. The cell phone said to the watch "I am cooler than you, that man came to buy me not you because lots of people only talk and talk." The clock began to get sad so the as the man came closer the celphone got more excited and the watch got sader but by the time the man got there the watch said, "There is nothing more to do but say congratulations." The man just grabbed the cell phone to see it not to actually buy it.
The cell phone could not hold his excitement in so he yelled, "oh please buy me I will call all of your friends." The man could not hear him he could only hear the phone ring. So that's when the man said, "I do not want it, it will keep me up all night if I buy it." The man put the phone back in place; the phone got really disponted the watch said, "Why the long face. The phone answered, "The man is not going to buy me so you win," the watch answered its all right I haven't even been picked up." But then that very moment the watch was being picked up.
The watch was saying, "Oh please not me take the phone .the man could only hear beeping the man said, I want to buy it. So that very moment the watch was getting put on the mans wrist. the watch said , "who's better now?

Moral:never say your better than someone when you know you are not as good as they are!!!!!!

A moral we should all live by. I love kids. :)

1 comment:

Sheri E. said...

Sheri, this is mom again. You are not writing to yourself....so don't get worried.
This is such a great story. I love the way kids brains work. The author was trying hard to be so selfless--right up until the end. Then he got all proud of himself. Hee hee. What a great story.