Monday, November 16, 2009

Pre-Thanksgiving Dinner

I was watching food network on Saturday and all the shows we about Thanksgiving. The chefs were making traditional Thanksgiving meals. Watching it all was making me really want to eat some Thanksgiving dinner, but Thanksgiving is still quite a few days away. Then I had a brilliant idea! I decided to make a mini Thanksgiving dinner for Sunday. I didn't want to make a turkey, because that would be TOO much like Thanksgiving, and I want to be fully ready for and craving it come turkey day. So I went with a a roast. Here is our delicious dinner, in all it's glory:
Slow cooked Pot Roast and gravy, herb stuffing, carrots, garlic and cheese mashed potatoes, and buttermilk biscuits.

And of course, apple pie for dessert.
Actually, we went to a pie party and had lots of pie for dessert. Mine was one of the few homemade pies there and people were surprised that I made it from scratch. I guess making pies is a dying art.

6 comments:

The Easton Family said...

Your pie looks lovely! We just hosted a Pie Night last Saturday! It was delicious! Glad you guys got to go show off your pie talent somewhere! :)

John said...

I would definitely eat that.

Austin said...

yes. way to keep the dying art of making pies alive. they are so much better homemade!

neil said...

I made an apple pie on Sunday too! Maybe it's just me, but I always have leftover apple slices that won't fit in the pie. I had the awesomest idea and put them in a pyrex dish with some of the crust scraps on top: kind of like an apple pot pie. It was too good. It was nice to have something to eat right away, too, because we didn't bake the real pie until last night.

Sheri E. said...

That whole dinner looks so delicious. And your apple pie is beautiful. What a good little cook you are. I am also super excited for Thanksgiving. Turkey sounds very enticing to me right now. I'm already craving it!

PS This message is from Mom. I'm just using Sheri's computer to look at this blog. Sheri is not so desperate that she is sending comments to herself! Yet....

Alan C said...

It all sounds really good to me. I'm really looking forward to some good Thanksgivingish food.