Friday, August 14, 2009

Beef, it's what's for dinner!

I made the most amazing steak last night! Mckay finished up with his summer finals last night so I thought I would make him a special dinner to celebrate being finished with school, until it starts again in two weeks. I didn't get a chance to take a picture of it (we were too hungry!) but I'll tell you how I made it.

I took 2 sirloin steaks and poked them on both sides with a fork, then drizzled both sides with a little olive oil. Then I seasoned both sides with the following ingredients:
Salt & Pepper
Paprika
Cayenne Pepper
Onion Powder
Oregano
I just sprinkled some of each over the steak to evenly coat it. Then I let the seasoned meat sit in the refrigerator for an hour before cooking. Then I grilled it, and served it with a lime wedge. Delicious! And it was a really quick and easy seasoning. You probably don't need to let the meat sit for an hour. I did that because I was waiting for Mckay to finish his final. I'm sure it'll still be good if you just season and go.

2 comments:

MGEalick822 said...

Hey Sheri... is Grace, ya I am following your blog now... Check out mine if you get a chance... but I want to say that steak sounds really good!!! I am so going to have to try that out!

Anonymous said...

that sounds delish! I love love looovvveee steak!