Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Mayan Adventure

We went out for dinner last weekend. My mom is in town again and she offered to watch Dallin for us. We went to this place called Mayan Adventure. They serve Mexican food, but it's so much more than just a restaurant.


The dining area is this huge 3 level open room with a huge rock/waterfall feature in the middle that all the tables can see.

the view from our table

Every 20 minutes or so, all these "mayan" divers would come out and do a show of dives and flips off the cliffs into the water below.


and a girl would do a fire show



So while you are eating your delicious food, you get to watch a show. Pretty cool! And I fulfilled a lifelong dream of mine by having Fried ice cream for the first time. It was so delicious! I could not stop eating it!

Here is a view of the dining area. You can see all these treehouese and caves where people sit at tables to eat.

some pictures of the waterfall:


This fire dancer was amazing! She had 2 balls of fire that she would swing around and do cool tricks with. I'm amazed at how close the fire would get to her body without buring her, like in this picture:

And finally, a video of a fire dancer at the top of the cliff.

4 comments:

Katie said...

I've never been to the Mayan, I want to go now. That's fun that Mom baby sat for you.

kohlbucket said...

Is that in Utah??? I so want to go there

Sheri E. said...

Yeah, it's in Sandy.

Annie said...

Sounds like a Casa Bonita wannabe... I hope the food is better there though!
Miss you guys!