Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Anniversary/Father's Day!

Today is a double celebration for our family. It's Mckay's first Father's day as a father.
Mckay is a great father. He loves taking care of Dallin and he's really excited to teach Dallin all kinds of things and play with him when he gets bigger. Mckay is really good at calming Dallin and getting him to sleep. I'm so glad to have a wonderful father for my son, and I'm grateful for Mckay's father, who helped to make Mckay the amazing person he is. I'm also very grateful for my own father. He has taught me so much in my life. He is a great example to me. He has a great love for the gospel and I can always see that through his actions. I have learned a lot about many things from him; cooking, gardening, how to check the oil on a car, being frugal, how to tell where a movie was filmed (most likely it's southern California), and some really cheesy jokes. I love my Dad!

Today is also mine and Mckay's first anniversary.

It seems like we've been married for a long time, so it's hard to believe it's only been a year. We've been through a lot in this first year, and it's made our relationship stronger. I love spending time with Mckay. He is such a wonderful person. He loves learning about things and loves to teach me about those things. His passion for learning makes me want to continue learning and understanding the world. He has a strong testimony of the gospel and continues to teach me about how amazing it is. I'm greatful that he holds the priesthood and can exercise that through blessing me and Dallin. He works hard to support our family and I really appreciate all he does. Even after a long day of work, he can't wait to come home and take care of Dallin. He is very sweet and loving. We are very similar in many ways and also very different. But our differences complement each other. On the day we got married, I was so full of love for Mckay. In just a short year, that love has grown so much. I can only imagine how much more that love will grow over the years and for eternity.
I love you, Mckay.

2 comments:

Alan C said...

Congratulations!! Happy Anniversary.

Karen C. said...

Happy Anniversary! That was a very nice blog entry. I'm glad you and Mckay found each other. You really are a wonderful couple and I can testify that the two of you complement each other in amazing ways. I think that both of you are better people as individuals because of the way you strengthen each other as a couple. I love you both so very much. Plus, you have such a cute little baby....