Friday, April 3, 2009

Introducing Dallin Andrew Easton!

He's finally here! After waiting a week past the due date, Dallin has arrived! It was quite an adventure. After an appointment with the doctor on Monday, we scheduled an induction for Tuesday March 31st, one week after his due date. We got to the hospital at 6:30am on Tuesday and got all settled in. Here is the last picture of me with Dallin inside.


This is what Mckay did while waiting for things to get started.


At 8:30am, they started Pitocin through the IV to induce labor, and at 8:45, the doctor came in to break my water. At this point I was about 3 cm dilated. The nurse estimated a delivery around 4pm. After my water broke, things started to pick up pretty quickly. Contractions started almost right away about 4-5 minutes apart. Then they started to become more frequent and a lot more painful. The contractions were so frequent that they turned off the Pitocin after about an hour. After a few hours of some pretty painful contractions, I got some IV pain medication to help take the edge off a little. Around 11:30am, contractions were very intense and I was almost ready to ask for an epidural when I felt pressure to push. My thought was "This can't be it already. I've only been having contractions for 3 hours." But I definitely needed to push. The nurse checked me and I was 9.5 cm! So she went to get the doctor and they started getting everything ready for delivery. before I knew it, I was pushing. After about a half hour of pushing, Dallin was born at 12:02pm. He weighed 7 lbs 2 oz, and 19.5 inches long.



It all happened very fast, and it was very intense, but it was all worth it. He is a beautiful boy. Mckay and I can't stop starring at him. Everyonce in a while, Dallin likes to stare back.


We got to take him home on Thursday. He wasn't very happy about getting dressed.


We are so happy to have him at home with us. My mom is still here, and she has been a great help with taking care of him and doing things around the apartment. It feels so weird having him here as a part of our lives, but we're getting used to it. We sure love him.

8 comments:

Katie said...

Yay! I'm so glad you updated the blog. He is so cute. Good job!

The Easton Family said...

Congratulations! I'm glad everything went well... I really love delivery. He's adorable, and I remember that feeling of "hey! we have a baby hanging around with us!" Enjoy... can't wait to meet him.

Alan C said...

Congratulations!!! What an incredibly cute baby. I can’t wait to see him. Will June be too soon to teach him how to throw rocks in the river?

Crapos said...

Madoc will help teach him how to throw rocks in the river. He's really good at it. Sadie will just smother him with kisses until he screams for someone to come and rescue him. Yay for not being pregnant anymore!

John said...

I love his facial expressions. He's very cute!

Annie said...

I am so excited... and still can't believe it either!! Hopefully me and my mom will make it out soon, I really want to see you guys!

Jenny said...

Congratulations! He's a handsome little guy!

Patrick, Adrienne, Isabella, & Makenzie said...

congrats! and i'm sure you've heard this quite a bit but you really are lucky for not having to be in labor very long - doesn't happen for most first-time moms! next time around you'll probably have a baby in an hour! :)