Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Happy one-week-old-day!

Yesterday, Dallin was exactly one week old.  It seems like it's been longer than a week.  He's eating more, getting bigger, developing a personality, and I'm learning so much about him.  That can't all happen in one week!  Here he is at 12:02 pm, exactly one week from his birth.

He was a little too tired to celebrate the occasion.  But don't worry, we partied later.

Like I said, he's progressing and growing so much.  We finally had one entire diaper change without him crying at all!  It hasn't happened since, but I'm hoping for repeat occurances.  He's opening his eyes a lot more...


...he's sitting up all by himself!

(with a little help from mom)

He's also showing a lot of traits that he gets from both of his parents.  I was a big thumb sucker when I was little and he has already shown a love for sucking on things.  Everyonce in a while, when he can figure out how to work his hand and get just one finger in his mouth, his likes to suck his thumb.


He is a really heavy sleeper, just like his father.  Mckay has this annoyingly loud alarm clock (it has to be that loud or it wouldn't wake him up), and it doesn't bother Dallin.  That might be because I cover his ears to block the sound.  Dallin also likes to sleep with his mouth open, just like his dad.

He is definitely our son!

In other news, I'm recovering a lot better from the delivery.  Not that there was anything wrong with me, but it's quite an ordeal for a body to go through.  I'm walking at a pretty normal speed and sitting a lot more comfortably.  I even did my hair and makeup yesterday and I looked preety darn cute for the first time in a while!  

Here goes another week.  I'll see if I can have him walking by the end of it.  

6 comments:

The Easton Family said...

Pretty cute... that heavy sleeping must be an easton thing--Evan is the same way. Happy one week, Dallin!

Katie said...

Oh Sheri, he is so cute. I love the pictures. I'll have to come down and visit again when I stop coughing.

Crapos said...

I think the picture of him "sitting" up is the cutest I've seen yet.

Alan C said...

What a cute baby. I can't wait to see him in June.

Karen C. said...

Oh Sheri, What a cute blog! Dallin is so adoreable. I miss that little guy. Don't let him grow too fast. I'll be sad if he's already in college when I come to visit in May. You and Mckay sure do make cute parents!!

elise and jeff said...

Sheri I have got to come over and squeeze that little Angel...oh so cute! Congrats!