Friday, May 15, 2015

Dallin's Birthday Interview

Instead of me telling you all about Dallin at this age, I figured I'd let him tell you. I interviewed Dallin and these are his answers (with my comments in parentheses).

Dallin according to Dallin

Favorite color: black

Favorite game: Lego Star Wars (on Xbox)

Favorite show: Star Wars (no surprise there)

Favorite book: There's Something in my Attic by Mercer Mayer (He also really likes The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid of Anything by Linda Williams, because it's a Halloween-y book and it's a fun read-aloud participation book)

I really like to wear: hoods (hoodies, jackets, any shirt with a hood)

I love: animals.

Favorite animal: lion (I think he was just throwing an answer out here. I've never noticed a preference for lions.)

Favorite stuffed animal: R2-D2 (The one he got for his birthday last year from his friend)

Favorite breakfast: pancakes

Favorite lunch: cantaloupe (he usually eats other things with it too...)

Favorite dinner: pizza! (Pizza, burritos and mac and cheese are about the only dinners he likes)

Food you don't like: ...um... grass. (He thought his answer was pretty funny.)

What are you really good at: writing (This answer made me happy. I'm glad to hear that he has a positive experience with learning to write and that he feels it is one of his strengths. His writing is definitely improving.)


Best friend: Kendal (his friend with WS who is also in his Kidnergarten class)

Are you going to get married when you grow up? Yes. To whom? Bennett. Maybe mom. (He clearly still has a lot to learn on this subject.)

What do you love to do with mom? make pizza, do art projects

What do you love to do with dad? play Lego Star Wars, do homework

What do you love to do with Connor? Play outside

I would describe myself as: making pizza (I think I was starting to lose him at this point.)

What do you want to be when you grow up: Spiderman! (He's been asked this question a few times at school as a writing prompt and he always answers "Spiderman." We've tried suggesting other realistic professions, but he still wants to be Spiderman. He probably thinks this question is the same as asking "What do you want to be for Halloween?")

1 comment:

Katie said...

So cute! I love this! Happy Birthday Dallin!