Friday, January 23, 2015

October

Pictures from October:

We went to a friend's birthday party that was "Frozen" themed. Although our house has somehow avoided the Frozen obsession that has swept the world, Dallin and Connor still had fun and enjoyed the "build your own snowman" kit they got to bring home.
***
Mckay is getting really creative at plating our Thai food dinners.
This one is "Turtle swimming through massaman curry."

Still trying to convince Dallin to eat rice, Mckay made Dallin's rice a pizza shape.
It wasn't very effective...
***
We went to the Purdue research farm again this year to pick pumpkins.

We remembered to dressed warmly this time and I even brought a blanket to keep us warm on the tractor.
Connor was very helpful picking the pumpkins and tasting the apples.

He's also pretty helpful around the house.
Even if it was him who made the mess in the first place.
***

The boys have been really into puzzles. 
They put together this 100 piece Spongebob puzzle at least 20 times in October. Connor can do the puzzle by himself! (100 pieces is impressive for a 3 year old.) And he will sit patiently working on it for a solid hour. It's marvelous.
***
Dallin and Connor like to join in when Mckay does his workout at home.
Connor can do a decent pushup.

I did a lot of yoga during the last few months of pregnancy and sometimes the boys would join in with that as well.
***
I spent much of October getting ready for the new baby, doing things like pulling the baby clothes out of storage and washing them.
Looking at all these baby clothes brought back a lot of memories. Maybe it's because Dallin was so tiny and he wore all these 0-3 months size clothes a long time. I attach a lot of sentimental value to my children's clothes for some reason.
***
I held my annual piano recital and only took one picture the whole night.
Since the recital was in October again like last year, the kids wanted to do a minor key/Halloween theme again. Mckay talked me into learning and performing "Raindrop" by Chopin. It was more difficult than I wanted it to be but I figured I should set a good example for my students by practicing a lot and setting high expectations for myself. While my performance was not perfect, it sounded pretty darn good and I'm glad I wasn't afraid to learn a new song.

1 comment:

Katie said...

That's awesome that Connor can do that puzzle by himself! I like the rice turtle and all the baby clothes. And good job learning a new song. :-)