Monday, September 15, 2014

Baby #3

Way back in July, we had an ultrasound for baby #3 at 20 weeks. It was during the same time as my parents' visit to Indiana, so my mom got to come with us to the ultrasound. We brought Dallin and Connor along as well. They have been really excited and asking lots of questions about the new baby, so I thought it would be really fun for them to "see" the baby. Plus, with Dallin routinely getting 4+ ultrasounds a year, I thought he might like to see someone else getting one for a change. The boys both did really well sitting quietly, putting stickers on everything they could reach to keep occupied.

The baby was all bunched up and hiding. The technician never got the "classic" ultrasound shot of a face in profile, so this was the best face shot.
But you could see the baby sucking a thumb and opening and closing the mouth. Very cute!

Here's a good foot shot.

It took a while for the technician to get a good view to reveal the baby's gender. Finally, she got a shot and said with a disappointed, almost apologetic voice. "Oh, there it is. It's a boy."  We had said nothing to her about hoping for a specific gender, one way or the other. I'm sure she just assumed, seeing that we already had two boys, that we wanted a girl. Then she said, "Well, I hope you at least have a girl dog at home." I had to assure her that we were happy and thrilled to be having another boy.

Here's a belly picture at 26 weeks.

Connor wanted to get in a picture too.  
He's trying to jump up and kiss my belly. Connor loves to see other people's babies and he's been very excited to have a baby in our own house. He asks lots of questions about the baby ("Is the baby drinking milk inside your belly?") and likes to imagine what the baby is doing. When we see a picture of a newborn baby posted on Facebook, he'll ask, "Is that our baby?" Connor is ready to be a big brother. 

Everything is going well with the pregnancy so far. Baby boy is growing well, I'm feeling all the baby movements, aches, and braxton-hicks contractions sooner than with the last two pregnancies. Dallin and Connor have come with me to several of my appointments and the midwives have been really great, letting Dallin hold the doppler wand on my belly to hear the heartbeat or letting Connor help with the measuring tape when they measure fundal height. We're starting to get really excited for baby boy to come, but we still have 11 weeks and lots to do to prepare for his arrival.

1 comment:

Katie said...

How am I just now seeing these posts? Cute pictures. I love seeing how excited kids get for baby siblings. They are both going to be great big brothers.