Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Cookie Party

To celebrate Valentine's Day, I hosted a Valentine's cookie party at my house.
I made lots of cookies and my friends brought frosting, sprinkles and candies for toppings. I do mean  A LOT of cookies: 103 to be exact. 

 As soon as I started putting out cookies and toppings, Connor climbed into his seat. 
He was sooo ready to start eating cookies.

He was very good with spreading the frosting.
And we only had to remind him a few times not to lick the knife.


The kids made some really clever creations. My favorite was the cookie sandwich.

And the "everything" cookie.

Some of the kids avoided the chaos in the kitchen and played with toys.

 There were lots of happy faces.


And lots of messy faces too.

She reminds me of the Joker from Batman.

Connor, after shoving his third cookie entirely in his mouth.

 Dallin was really upset when I cut him off from eating frosting.
He's whining and saying, "I want more frosting!"

Remember those felt hearts I was cutting out earlier?
I made a heart garland to hang in the kitchen. I sewed one long line of pink embroidery floss through the felt hearts and hung it up. Super easy and super cute!

I hung some felt hearts from the ceiling by the front door.

I also made cute Valentine pictures of the boys.
These were really easy to make using PicMonkey, my favorite picture editing website.

I'm so in love with this picture of Dallin.

Because I didn't want to be left with tons of extra cookies, I had plastic bags out for people to take home their creations.

Between the 27 people, we managed to polish off the cookies pretty well. I have less than 2 dozen leftover:

I would have taken a picture of the glorious, pink aftermath in the kitchen, but my wonderful friend Deidra cleaned and swept up all the mess. It's nice to have friends. And it also helps to use disposable plastic table covers.

 Dallin was looking forward to this cookie party all week. I told him we were having a party and his friends were going to come. He loves a good party.
And he loves his friend Millie. They love each other a little too much. We have to keep an eye on them or else they get a little *too* close and comfortable. And we have to break them up when they try to kiss in the middle of church.

Ahhh, young love!

4 comments:

Katie said...

SOOOO cute! I love it all. The decorations are sweet and simple, and the kids are all so cute. Fun party.

Mamacrapo said...

Great pictures. Looks like everyone had fun and your decorations were very cute. I love the picture Valentines with the boys. 'Can I be your Dallintine'--just cracked me right up! You're a very creative mom!

Mamacrapo said...

Great pictures. Looks like everyone had fun and your decorations were very cute. I love the picture Valentines with the boys. 'Can I be your Dallintine'--just cracked me right up! You're a very creative mom!

Julie Knight said...

What a fun party!! I kinda stole your idea for a decorate your own cupcake party at work... I may do the same thing for an easter cookie party. I like that other people help bring the decorations. More sugary decorations and a variety of sprinkles!