Friday, January 17, 2014

New Years and Hockey

We went over to Mckay's sister's house for New Years Eve. She made a super cute "photo booth" with props for taking fun pictures.

Judd and Dallin


I love this one of Connor.
And this next one of Dallin:

The hosts: Annie (Mckay's sister) and Tommy

 We played a tournament of games (among the games: air hockey, arcade basketball, Jenga, Farkle). Mckay was assigned to tally up our individual scores from each game and normalize them to determine the winner.

And while Mckay did that, I got comfy on the couch and waited for the ball to drop.
I'm not sure what my face is doing here, but I used this picture because I wanted to show Trixie, the little dog that also got a lot tormenting attention from Connor.

Drinking sparkling apple cider and cheering to the New Year.
I'm pretty sure that clock is wrong. It was most definitely midnight.



One of the activities we planned before our visit was for all the adults to attend an Avalanche Hockey Game. On Jan. 2, we found babysitters for all the kids (no small feat) and went to the Pepsi Center for my first NHL game. I've watched more than I can count on TV (being married to a hockey fan will do that to you) but I'd never seen a game in person before.

The boys all sat together.
Mckay was too into the game to look away for a picture.

Here's all the girls... and Dad Easton.
I've decided that sporting events are a lot more fun watching them in person. I've always enjoyed going to baseball games and this hockey game was really fun too. It will definitely not be my last.
Oh, and the Avs won.

There was a..... 
...well you all know what this kind of things is, but I don't know a word for it. We'll just say there was a fill-in-your-own-face-photo-op-statue.

Garrett, Mckay, Evan. The brothers.

Notice that awesome "Easton" hockey stick? We were meant to be hockey fans.

1 comment:

Katie said...

What a fun new years eve party! I love the photo booth. The Eastons always play such fun games when they get together. I like going to sporting games so much better than watching on TV.