Saturday, August 3, 2013

Grandpa

My Dad came to visit us this week. He had a one day business trip to Indiana, and his travel plans worked out just right that he could see us for a little bit. He came to our house Wednesday evening.
Dallin and Connor were SOOOO excited to see him. As soon as grandpa walked through our door, Dallin dragged him down the hall to show off his room, then went straight for the legos. Dallin had been asking all day if grandpa would "play lego game?" with him.

Connor and Dallin spent about 2 hours straight being tickled and wrestled by grandpa. And they loved every second of it.

Dallin has recently learned that our last name is Easton, so he asked if this was Grandpa Easton. When I told him it was Grandpa Crapo, him and Connor walked around the rest of the night saying "Capo. Capo. Capo." The boys definitely love their Grandpa.

(Connor has been sitting on my lap the whole time I've been writing this post, pointing at all the pictures and saying, "Grandpa Capo! Grandpa Capo!")

 After we put the kids in bed, dad and I ate some dessert.
I made a blueberry pie. I've never made one before, but it was a delicious experiment.

Dad had to leave first thing in the morning for his meeting, so we ate breakfast with him before he left.
We had pancakes with fresh blueberry syrup. And another piece of blueberry pie. 

That's the best way to start a morning: pancakes, pie and Grandpa.

3 comments:

Sarah Breneman said...

I love how the playing pictures are blurry. That's how you know they were having so much fun :)

Katie said...

Fun! I'm glad the boys love their grandpa Capo so much. Good choice on the blueberry pie too!

Alan C said...

I believe I had as much fun as the boys. I really enjoyed the visit. The breakfast of pancakes, blueberry pie plus playing with Dallin and Connor was a great way to start the day.