Thursday, June 20, 2013

Scout Camp

As assistant Scoutmaster in our ward, Mckay went to Scout camp at the beginning of June. That meant it was just me and the boys at home for several days. Before he left, we had a special dinner guest, a fly:
 
We went to the park many times to keep ourselves busy. On one trip, we stopped by the pond to feed the fish. I brought some flakes from a fiber cereal that I didn't care for (which is saying something since I usually like the bran, wheaty, high fiber cereals. This one was too "cardboard" for even my tastes.). We dropped a few flakes into the water.
 The fish nibbled on a few but quickly lost interest. Not even fish would eat this cereal. I did find one taker though:
Connor inhaled all the cereal I gave him.
 
Connor is a cereal maniac and has even learned how to eat cereal out of his own bowl with milk on it.
He drinks the milk when he's all done.
 
 The boys tried to be helpful while their dad was gone. They took the recycling out for me.

 
One morning was a little cold so they requested blankets to be wrapped around them.

 
 Dallin has been pulling his shirt up on his head:
 He'll walk around like this for a while. We're trying to teach him how to say "Cornholio."
 
We read lots of books while Mckay was away. Connor is developing a very good memory, especially for books. He remembers words or pictures in books very well and recognizes several books by their cover. Most of the books in this video are from the library so he's only been exposed to them for a week or two.
 
We managed to have quite a bit of fun while Mckay was gone, but we were very happy to have him back from scout camp.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I love Connor's monkey sounds. I also think it's hilarious how excited they are by that fly. Lucas is terrified of flies and would not have been able to sit until it was dead. He's a bit blood thirsty. Their laughs are really cute.