Monday, March 12, 2012

A Good Day


Do you ever have days when things go right? When everyone is happy and things work the way they're supposed to? I frequently have days where a few things go right. I have even more days when things fail miserably. But once in a blue moon, a day comes along and everything goes well. I had such a day on Sunday.

Despite Daylight Saving time, we managed to get out the door and to church on time. This is hard for us when we DON'T lose an hour of sleep, so I was proud of us. Connor slept during church (which is becoming a rare thing) and woke up at just the perfect time so that I could feed him before playing the piano for choir practice. Because Connor was sleeping, I was actually able to listen at church and learn (which is also becoming a rare thing).

My hair looked good. I got my hair cut about a month ago and I've been enjoying the shorter length and playing around with styles. (This post has a picture that shows you how long it was before I cut it.)
This is after just blow drying it. I did use the straightener a little bit on some funky parts after the picture.

I tried a new recipe for dinner: Eggplant Parmesan. New recipes can be risky, especially if you're going of off a picture, because a good photographer and Photoshop can make anything look tasty these days. And it was a gamble for me to serve a dinner with a vegetable as the main dish to the boys in my family. An uncommon vegetable at that.

That Eggplant Parmesan was sooo delicious. Everyone loved it. Connor was asleep during dinner. As much as I love Connor and love having that sweet baby in our family, it was nice to be able to relax and eat the dinner I'd just spent hours making without trying to hold or feed a baby at the same time. Dallin loved the food and ate as much as Mckay and I did. He fearlessly ate that eggplant like he thought it was chicken (he probably thought is was chicken).
That's another thing that went beautifully right. Dallin ate all his dinner! With a fork! And he didn't throw any of it. He's been more willing to try new foods recently and his appetite has definitely grown!

After dinner, Mckay did the dishes and cleaned the kitchen. And I got to relax. It was a great day.

And I got a good video of Dallin and Connor interacting. (OK, so I took this video today instead of yesterday, but good things can happen two days in a row, right?) I can never seem to get a good video of them. Either Dallin will become more interested in the camera than Connor, or they won't perform" properly, but this video is pretty good.
I love how Connor tries to grab Dallin's face. And that Dallin mimics Connor. And I love how they make each other laugh.

I did NOT love that seconds after I took this video, I picked Connor up to find a diaper blowout all up his back. Good thing I was planning to do laundry today anyway.

3 comments:

Alan C said...

I like the video of the boys. They are so cute. Please give them hugs for me.

Katie said...

Good job Dallin for being such a good eater. I love when babies sleep while I'm eating. :-) Sometimes I even wait to have lunch so I can eat it during Lucas's nap.

Karen C. said...

Everybody deserves a perfect day once in a while. I'm glad you got to have one. Eggplant Parmesan is my favorite food (well, I guess I have about a thousand favorite foods, but Eggplant Parmesan is right up there near the top...). You certainly are a creative cook. I've gotten a lot of good ideas and recipes from you. I love all the pictures in this blog and I really love the video. The boys are so cute together!